Anti-Aging Skin Care Benefits of Colostrum
Now, bovine colostrum supplementation may help individuals reduce the need for these skin care remedies or compliment the ones they’re already using.
Bovine colostrum contains hyaluronic acid, vitamin K2, vitamin D, vitamin C, silica, probiotics, and most importantly, skin growth hormones – all of which have been shown to potentially provide skin care benefits.
- Colostrum is the only known natural source of the enzyme, telomerase, which may help to slow down the aging of DNA.
- Telomerase may keep DNA strands from becoming shorter and enables identical, undamaged skin cells to duplicate themselves again and again.
- Colostrum also includes epithelial/epidermal growth factor (EGF) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), which are known to assist in the repair and regeneration of cells.
- EGF and IGF-1 play essential roles in wound healing, which makes colostrum an important potential adjunct to the skin’s repair following a surgical cosmetic procedure.
- Let’s not forget about the lactoferrin in colostrum, either. Lactoferrin helps manage the immune response in the skin cells, which means supplementing with lactoferrin may potentially help a person increase his or her skin’s anti-inflammatory response.
- All this without exposure to additional chemicals, preservatives or additives is available in this safe superfood.
Maintaining youthful-looking skin is a priority for many men and women, yet skin care products and cosmetic procedures may not deliver the desired or anticipated results. Bovine colostrum supplementation may help a person take an inside-out approach to skin care. Colostrum is a natural supplement and when taken internally, has the potential to help patients address symptoms of common skin problems, such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and acne.